- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Fulbright Scholar, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Columbia University, A.B., summa cum laude
- Law Clerk to Chief Judge Michael B. Mukasey
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel – New York, New York
- Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd & Evans – Washington, D.C.
- Ministry of Justice, Department of International Affairs – Jerusalem, Israel
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Participant, ICC Masterclass for Arbitrators
- Member, ICC Israel national arbitration committee
- Israel Reporter, IBA Arbitration Guidelines and Rules Subcommittee
- Faculty, American Conference Institute, International Investigations
INTERVIEWS OF NOTE
- Ranked repeatedly by Chambers and Partners and by The Legal 500 among leading dispute-resolution lawyers worldwide, and described in those publications by clients and/or colleagues as:
- “a top professional”
- “talented and knowledgeable”
- “a great lawyer”
- “exceptionally respectful, professional and highly intelligent”
- “a valuable and dedicated resource, who leaves no stone unturned”
Representation of Israeli, U.S., and International Entities in Connection with U.S. Matters
- Representation of Israeli software company in appeal from nine-figure litigation for fraud and related claims against world’s largest manufacturer of semiconductor chip machinery.
- Defense of Israeli manufacturer in federal litigation brought by former North American distributor.
- Representation of Israeli entity in connection with breach of contract by U.S. corporation.
- Representation of Israeli copyright holder in connection with multiple infringements in the U.S. of copyrighted works.
- Representation of Israeli trademark holder in connection with infringement of mark in the U.S.
- Representation of Israeli entity in connection with enforcement in the U.S. of Israeli judgment.
- Representation of U.S. investment company in connection with U.S. litigation involving fraudulent inducement.
- Representation of international corporation in connection with breach of contract and related torts by manager of U.S. investment fund.
Service as Expert on U.S. Law
- Preparation of expert opinion for Israeli Ministry of Justice concerning U.S. constitutional law issues in connection with matter pending before Israeli Supreme Court.
- Provision of advice to Israeli counsel on U.S. commercial law, including on such issues as enforcement of arbitration award and corporate liability for acts of directors.
- Retention as expert on New York law in connection with Israeli proceedings implicating standing of New York corporation.
- Provision of advice to Israeli corporation on New York contract law in connection with dispute in Israel under contract with New York choice-of-law provision.
Representation in Connection with Israeli Matters
- Provision of advice to large international law firm concerning enforcement of foreign judgment in Israel.
- Provision of advice to U.S. counsel concerning Israeli contract law in connection with U.S. arbitration involving Israeli corporation.
- Provision of advice concerning Israeli extradition matters.
U.S. COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
- Defense of Fortune 100 corporation in billion-dollar lawsuit brought by competitor under federal antitrust and state tort laws, alleging anticompetitive and fraudulent conduct.
- Prosecution of action for Fortune 100 corporation against competitor for breach of contract, fraud, and other state and federal claims. Representation in cross-appeals.
- Defense of Fortune 100 corporation in multi-district consumer class-action litigation alleging unlawful and anticompetitive sales practices.
- Defense of Fortune 100 corporation in New York state-court action by competitor alleging unlawful business practices.
- Defense of breach-of-contract claims brought by insurance company, and prosecution of contract and business-tort counterclaims resulting in eight-figure jury verdict in favor of client.
U.S. CONSTITUTIONAL LITIGATION
- Prosecution of challenge by Fortune 500 corporation to restrictions on marketing imposed by local regulators.
- Defense of individual in prosecution for alleged violations of federal campaign-finance laws, and institution of fast-track challenge to constitutionality of federal-law provisions at issue.
WHITE-COLLAR CRIMINAL MATTERS
- Worldwide internal investigation for Fortune 500 corporation of possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Internal investigation for foreign brokerage firm of alleged violations of U.S. securities laws; representation of company before U.S. Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission, and in related proceedings.
- Representation of individual in connection with federal prosecution for insider trading.
- On behalf of leading newspapers, magazines, television networks, and cable networks:
- copyright and trademark counseling
- libel counseling
- representation in efforts to seek access to judicial proceedings
- preparation of amicus briefs in both trial and appellate courts
- Provision of products-liability advice to international manufacturer.